Why should you drive a hybrid vehicle instead of driving a normal petrol driven vehicle? Here are just some of the reasons why you should.
- The engine has been built so it is more fuel efficient than regular vehicles and with the combined use of an electric engine as well, these vehicles will give you a better fuel economy and will give out a lot less pollution as well as giving out less carbon emissions as well. Also while stopped the vehicle will produce no carbon emissions at all as the fuel engine will switch off and only start up again when the vehicle is put into gear.
- The batteries of the electric motor are able to get charged on the go using energy from the braking system. The energy is generated when the vehicle is being slowed down so that no energy lost during the braking procedure.
- Also driving a hybrid vehicle will save you in the long term save you money. You don’t have to spend as much on fuel especially if you are using the vehicle mostly in a city where the traffic is quite heavy. As the engine turns off while stopped no fuel will be used like a regular vehicle for idling purposes. The cost of insuring a hybrid vehicle can be upto 10 per cent less than a regular one. As well the hybrid vehicle will retain a higher resale price.
- In certain countries like the US, owning a hybrid will allow you to enjoy special benefits, you will receive tax breaks for driving one and you will be able to drive your vehicle in carpool lanes in cities even if you have less passenger in the car than is required. Some places even offer free parking and some toll bridges become free for hybrid drivers.
- You will be showing everyone that you are more environmentally aware and that you care about the well being of the planet. Your vehicle will also be kinder to the environment.
- The vehicles are built using lightweight materials and they tend to be more aerodynamic which causes less drag and the tyres are built with a distinctive rubber which lessens the friction when driving. The battery inside has enormous competence and it is composed of nickel-metal-hydride.
- You still have a lot of options when it comes to buying a hybrid vehicle. There are more and more car makers that are building these types of vehicles. Some examples of hybrid vehicles manufactures include Ford, Toyota, Mercedes, BMW, Holden, Honda and Tesla and there are a few more besides